Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur is an Institute of National Importance and is one among thirty National Institutes of Technology under Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) Government of India. Institute houses 3500 Under Graduate (UG), 400 post-graduate (PG) students and 450 PhD Scholars under the supervision of 250 Faculty members in the discipline of basic sciences, architecture & planning and disciplines of engineering. There are total nine engineering disciplines with the specialisations Electrical, Electronics & Communications, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Metallurgical & Material Sciences, Civil, Applied Mechanics, Chemical, and Mining Engineering. All the Departments of Engineering and Basic Sciences offers UG, PG courses and PhD programs.
VNIT Nagpur is contributing to the consortium project through the development and deployment of charging station, dc-to-dc converter for battery energy storage system for the PV fed micro-grid at Indian demo sites. In addition, VNIT is also working with European partners for the development of algorithms related to the forecasting and the optimization of energy vectors along with stability analysis of the system to be deployed on Indian and European demo sites.
- High Frequency Planner Magnetics for Renewable Energy and Electric Vehicle Charging, DST/SERD India
- Development of 5kW Wireless Charger for Light Electric Vehicle, MEITY/NaMPET Phase-III, India
- Modelling, stability and fault analysis of BLDC type multi-machine system, BARC, India
- Development of Fast Charging System, MEITY/YFRF, India
- Development of Charging Systems for Contactless Energy Exchange for Autonomous Electric Vehicles, DST/SERB/ECR, India