Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT Bhubaneswar or IIT BBS) is a public technical and research university established by the government of India in 2008, located at Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. School of Electrical Sciences (SES) at IIT Bhubaneswar offers a vibrant and research intensive environment in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering. SES consists of 28 faculty members and 55 research scholars. It is composed of Professors, Doctoral Scholars, postgraduate students and highly specialized research associates and collaborators. The School is engaged in a wide spectrum of research in established and emerging technologies through nationally and internationally funded sponsored research, industrial consultancy, and various research collaborations. The School currently focuses on five major research areas: Communications and Signal Processing, Power and Renewable Energy System, Power Electronics and Drives, Microelectronics and Semiconductor Devices, and Computing Techniques and Systems.
Deployment and demonstration of Keonjhar demo site will be led by IIT Bhubaneswar and will work in coordination with IIT KGP for Ghoramara island. IIT BBS will be leading the Work Package 4 on Innovation in infrastructure development and also take part in developing tools like ecoConverters, ecoEMS/Microgrid and ecoDR. Design and development of efficient and high-performance power electronics systems for integration of renewable sources. Apart from this, IIT BBS is also involved in various other work packages (1-4,6-9) and will be leading the Task 7.3 on Demonstration activities. IIT Bhubaneswar as part of RE-EMPOWERED project will be responsible in deployment of 50 kW Microgrid with various energy vectors such as PV solar, BioMass, BioGas and Battery storage. We will involve in development of stiff DC-link voltage control for microgrid operation and to design power converters with high efficiency at low power range for livelihood applications.
- Design and Implementation of High Speed Low Power Embedded Signal Processor Based Custom Devices for PQ Improvement. Role: PI, DST-SERB, Grant: 32.99 Lakhs, Status: Ongoing (3 Years), Start Date: Jan 2017. (Completed)
- UK India Clean Energy Research Institute (WP-4) Role: Institute Lead PI, DST, Grant: 54.73 Lakhs Status: Ongoing (4 Years ), Start Date: 9th May 2017.
- Design and Development of Affordable Movable Solar Photo-voltaic Water Pumping System Role: PI, RKVY, Odisha State Govt., Grant: 80.58 L, Status: Ongoing (2 Years) Start Date: Nov 2016, Co-PI: Dr. Manikandan, Dr. Satish.
- Brush Less DC Machine based solar pumping system ,Role: C0-PI, DST, Grant: 66.24 L, Status: Ongoing , PI: Dr. C N Bhende.
- Power Quality Enhancement and Control of Distributed Generation in Grid Interactive Systems, Role: PI, SEED Grant IIT Bhubaneswar, Grant: 10 Lakhs, Status: Completed.
- Grid-tied multilevel photovoltaic inverter with batteries power balancing, Role: Collaborator, Status: Ongoing (1 years), Funding Agency: JUICE Flexible Funding, United Kingdom.